Sophos Landing Page
|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the legacy version of Sophos. You can see documentation for the new Sophos Central here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
On this page:
Sophos Anti-Virus detects and cleans up viruses, Trojans, worms, and spyware, as well as adware and other potentially unwanted applications. It provides virus definitions and software updates regularly when you are connected to the Internet. The computer does not need to be on the MIT network to receive these updates.
- Continuously scans and notifies you of threats.
- Cleans up threats.
- Protects your data by disallowing harmful software to be downloaded.
- Updates regularly, no need to be on campus.
How to Obtain
If you have other virus protection software installed, IS&T recommends that you remove it.
To download Sophos, visit the IS&T Sophos page.
- Linux: Sophos - Installation Instructions for Linux
- MacOS: Sophos - Installation Instructions for MacOS
- Windows: Sophos - Installation Instructions for Windows
Troubleshooting and FAQ's
- How can I view the Sophos Scan Log
- Sophos Central - How do I update Sophos Anti-Virus?
- Sophos Desktop Alerts
- [Sophos Error Message - AutoUpdate Is Not Configured]
- Sophos install fails Windows 10
- Sophos Quarantine Manager
- Sophos Reports
- What information does the Sophos client transmit to the Sophos Management Console?
- What ports does Sophos Anti-Virus Use?
- Computing Virus and Malware Landing Page
- Sophos web site
- Sophos - Uninstallation Instructions for MacOS
- Sophos - Uninstallation Instructions for Microsoft Windows
- Sophos - Uninstalling Instructions for Linux
- MECM - SCCM - Viewing Sophos Data in the Console
Have Questions or Still Need Help?
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: