Sophos Central Landing Page
|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the new version of Sophos. You can see documentation for legacy Sophos here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
On this page:
IS&T has transitioned to new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. The old version will work until summer of 2022 however you should install the new version of Sophos as soon as possible in order to ensure you continue to receive updates.
Sophos Anti-Virus detects and cleans up viruses, Trojans, worms, and spyware, as well as adware and other potentially unwanted applications. It provides virus definitions and software updates regularly when you are connected to the Internet. The computer does not need to be on the MIT network to receive these updates.
- Continuously scans and notifies you of threats.
- Cleans up threats.
- Protects your data by disallowing harmful software to be downloaded.
- Updates regularly, no need to be on campus.
How to Obtain
If you have other virus protection software installed, IS&T recommends that you remove it.
To download Sophos, visit the IS&T Sophos page.
- Linux: Sophos Central - Installation Instructions for Linux
- macOS: Sophos Central - Installation instructions for macOS
- Windows: Sophos Central - Installation Instructions for Windows
Troubleshooting and FAQ's
- Am I running the old or new Sophos?
- What operating systems are supported?
- How do I update Sophos Anti-Virus?
- How do I view detections?
- How do I troubleshoot Sophos?
- What information is sent to Sophos?
- What are the firewall requirements?
- Sophos Reports for DLC IT technicians
- Computing Virus and Malware Landing Page
- Sophos web site
- Sophos Central - Uninstall instructions for macOS
- Sophos Central - Uninstall Instructions for Windows
- Sophos Central - Uninstall Instructions for Linux
Have Questions or Still Need Help?
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: