Q: How do I comment on articles?
- How do I comment on articles?
- How do I comment on articles in The Knowledge Base?
- How do I add information to articles in The Knowledge Base?
- The Knowledge Base and its help system
- Members of the MIT community trying to find IT information in The Knowledge Base
|You need to be logged in to comment|
Members of the MIT community can log into the Knowledge Base using their MIT personal web certificate. If you are logged in, your username and a Logout link will be displayed on Knowledge Base screens in the upper right corner. If you are not logged in, you will see a link called Log in for more in the upper right corner.
- Open the article you want to comment on and click the Comment link at top of the article just under the KB logo or at the bottom of the article just below the feedback buttons in the left-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your comment and then click Post.
Common types of comments members of the MIT community might add to articles:
- Additional details to enhance the article content and make it more useful (such details may later be incorporated into the article directly by the authors)
- Corrections or requests for clarification to articles
- Tips for making best use of the information, based on experience
- Locally relevant information if the content of the article applies differently in certain labs or centers at MIT