Q: Sophos Central - How do I update Sophos Anti-Virus?
|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the new version of Sophos. You can see documentation for legacy Sophos here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
By default, Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows, macOS, and Linux automatically checks for the latest virus definition and engine updates. If Sophos is installed properly, forcing the client to update – as detailed – is not necessary.
Select your operating system:
- Locate the Sophos Anti-Virus icon in the Windows task bar.
- Right-click the Sophos Anti-Virus icon and select About.
- The Sophos info window will show the time and date of the last successful update. Click Update Now to trigger an immediate update.
- Locate the Sophos Anti-Virus icon in the macOS menubar.
- Click on the Sophos Anti-Virus icon and select Open Sophos Endpoint.
- Under the Sophos Endpoint menu, select About Sophos Endpoint.
- Click Update Now.