|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the legacy version of Sophos. You can see documentation for the new Sophos Central here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
|Before Installing: By default, Sophos AntiVirus will try to uninstall any existing anti-virus software on your Windows machine before it begins installing. However, this is not 100% guaranteed to work. If you have anti-virus software on the machine already, it is a good idea to uninstall it prior to installing Sophos AntiVirus.|
- Login with administrator rights.
- Download Sophos for Windows from the Software Grid (certificates required).
- When the User Account Control message appears, select Yes.
- The Installation will commence. This should only take a few moments to complete:
- After Installation has completed, the Sophos icon will reside in the hidden icons folder in the bottom right corner of the menu:
- Right-click on the icon to view options:
- When you select "Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control," the UAC message appears. Select Yes.
Result: The application opens.
Note: The application updates when it is installed, but the updates do not take effect until the computer is restarted.
|Vision Accessibility Modes: Sophos has limited functionality in Certain Vision Accessibility Setups on Windows. If you are unable to access or interact with the program due to these settings, please contact the IS&T Service desk at (617) 253-1101 for hands-on assistance.|