|Before Installing: By default, Sophos AntiVirus will try to uninstall any existing anti-virus software on your Windows machine before it begins installing. However, this is not 100% guaranteed to work. If you have anti-virus software on the machine already, it is a good idea to uninstall it prior to installing Sophos AntiVirus.|
- Login with administrator rights.
- Download Sophos for Windows from the Software Grid (certificates required).
- When the User Account Control message appears, select Yes.
- The Installation will commence. This should only take a few moments to complete:
- After Installation has completed, the Sophos icon will reside in the hidden icons folder in the bottom right corner of the menu:
- Right-click on the icon to view options:
- When you select "Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control," the UAC message appears. Select Yes.
Result: The application opens.
Note: The application updates when it is installed, but the updates do not take effect until the computer is restarted.