|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the legacy version of Sophos. You can see documentation for the new Sophos Central here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
|Prerequisites: You must have administrator rights to uninstall Sophos AntiVirus.|
- Navigate to the Control Panel (Start > Control Panel).
- Select Programs & Features.
- Sophos Anti-Virus will have three entries:
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos AutoUpdate
- Sophos Remote Management System
- Select each of these entries and click the button labeled Uninstall.
In Windows 10 you will see 6 entries to uninstall: antivirus, auto update, endpoint defense, network threat protection, remote management, and system protection
- Please wait until the first uninstall completes before moving to the next.
- When all three entries have been uninstalled, restart your machine.