Q: Sophos - Uninstalling Instructions for Linux
|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the legacy version of Sophos. You can see documentation for the new Sophos Central here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
|Prerequisites: You must have administrator rights to uninstall Sophos AntiVirus.|
- Open a command prompt and execute the script /opt/sophos-av/uninstall.sh (sudo bash /opt/sophos-av/uninstall.sh).
- If the savd daemon is running, the script prompts you to stop it.
The uninstall script deletes:
- All entries from the system startup that are associated with Sophos Anti-Virus.
- The Sophos Anti-Virus man pages in /usr/share/man.
- The savscan on-demand scanner in /usr/local/bin.
- /opt/sophos-av and its contents.