On this page:
MIT has partnered with Localist, a leader in interactive calendar software to create an upgraded events calendar. The calendar has many great features for both an event creator and those looking to attend events.
- An enhanced and mobile-responsive user interface.
- MIT community members can create a profile page, which allows you to set notifications and email reminders.
- Search for events with filters by interest, audience or school.
- Event creators will be able to include a photo and/or video for their events to attract attendees.
- The ability to see who is interested in your event or your group.
- Share events directly from the calendar through social media.
- Fully responsive design functions on a wide range of platforms including mobile devices.
For an overview of the new MIT Events Calendar, see our video:
Who can Login to the MIT Events Calendar?
Faculty, staff, students, affiliates and non-MIT users can access the Events Calendar. MIT users can login through Touchstone Authentication, using their social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter or with their MIT email address and a set password. Non-MIT users can also access the calendar through their social media accounts.
- Find an Event
- I'm Interested, Ordering Tickets and Inviting Friends
- Localist's Social Sharing and AddThis
Your User Profile
Group and DLC Pages
Authorized officers from a group or department can post events. Contact the MIT Events Calendar team at email@example.com to request access.
- Add an event
- Add a recurring event
- Edit, Copy or Delete an event
- Share an event
- Event Keywords and Tags
- Event Visibility (viewing permissions)
Event Interest, Ticketing and Metrics
Managing Groups and DLCs (Departments, Labs and Centers)
- Register a Student Group, Organization or DLC
- Group & Department Officer Role
- Editing Group or DLC Information
- Calendar Feeds and Embedding
- Importing Events
- How to export events from the legacy calendar and import them into the new calendar
- Accessing the old (legacy) events calendar on events.mit.edu
- What does "I'm interested" mean? Is it an RSVP? Am I guaranteed admission?
- Who can create and post an event?
- What to do if my group or DLC is inactive or disbands?
- Is there a cost to posting an event in the MIT Events Calendar?
- Do events in the MIT Events Calendar appear in Tech Talk?
- Do events in the MIT Events Calendar appear in The Tech?
- Can I post an event that will not take place on campus?
- What type of events are advertised in the MIT Events Calendar?
- How can I submit suggestions for additions and changes to the MIT Events Calendar?
- Contact the MIT Events Calendar Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Localist's Frequently Asked Questions and Support Documentation
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here:[hd:MIT Events Calendar Recon Page]|