|If you have just had your mailbox migrated to Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring, see the Post-Migration and Modern Authentication Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring Setup page for how to get up and running.
|This article refers to the Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring. If you're looking for Exchange Email and Calendaring on the Exchange On Prem Server, see: MIT Email Setup Landing.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Microsoft 365?
On this page:
- Open Outlook
- On the File tab, in the right pane, choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In the list of email accounts, select the one you want to check, and then choose Change.
- Under User Information, in the E-mail Address box, confirm that your email address and username are listed as firstname.lastname@example.org, not just your Kerberos ID.
- If not, update it to use your full email address, email@example.com.
For more information, see Microsoft's Change Email Account Settings for Outlook 2013 or 2016
- Open Outlook
- Go to Outlook > Preferences > Accounts
- Select your MIT Exchange account.
- Confirm that your email address and username are listed as firstname.lastname@example.org, not just your Kerberos ID.
- If not, update those fields to use your full email address, email@example.com.
Note: You may see an error message similar to the following saying Outlook was redirected to a different server to get new account settings. Click *Allow*.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Exchange MIT
You may have named your profile something other than Exchange MIT, go into whichever account is your MIT Exchange account.
- Next to "Account" confirm it lists your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it does not list your full email address, click on the address to update it to list your full address in the form email@example.com
On most Android phones you can't edit existing account email addresses. If your phone's email client doesn't automatically work after migration, you'll need to delete your MIT Exchange account and set it up again to use the native mail client. Alternatively you can install one of the native apps for Android: Outlook or OWA.
- Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Select your MIT Exchange account and select ... > Remove
- Confirm that you want to remove your account.
- Click the + sign to add an account.
- Select Exchange Active Sync
- Enter your full MIT email address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org and your password. Click Next
- Choose your ActiveSync settings and click Next
- Enter your account name in the form email@example.com and click Finish Setup
Result: Your email is configured.
Exact instructions can vary from brand to brand. For more help with Android configuration, see Microsoft's Set up email on an Android phone or tablet
Apple Mail/iCal users cannot update their existing account information for M365 as Apple does not allow editing of the username field. You must wait until after migration, delete the existing Exchange account and create a new one. For instructions, see:
Instead of Outlook Web Access, you now get Exchange on the Web. There is a new URL for accessing your email and calendaring from this M365 web application after migration.
- Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring - Outlook on the Web Landing Page