|If you have just had your mailbox migrated to Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring, see the Post-Migration and Modern Authentication Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring Setup page for how to get up and running.
|This article refers to the Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring. If you're looking for Exchange Email and Calendaring on the Exchange On Prem Server, see: MIT Email Setup Landing.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Microsoft 365?
After migrating to M365, you will need to delete and recreate your Exchange account for iCal and Apple Mail. Unfortunately, this means your mail and calendar items will need to re-sync. This may be time-consuming. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to avoid this issue, however, migrated users can use OWA to read and respond to emails while your Apple Mail account resyncs with Microsoft 365. Here is a link for navigating the new Microsoft 365 OWA
|Machines running macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or below do not have the ability to get Mail in Apple Mail or Outlook after your account is migrated to M365 - machines must be running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or higher in order to use Apple Mail or Outlook after your account is migrated to O365
- Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts
- Delete your existing MIT Exchange account by selecting it and clicking on the "-" at the bottom of the list of accounts and press OK if prompted.
- Click on the "+" at the bottom of the list of accounts and select Exchange from the list of account types.
- Enter your full MIT email address email@example.com and password. Click Continue.
- Authenticate with Touchstone.
- Select the apps you want to use with your account, then click Done.
Result: Your Exchange account will be set up and you will be able to access your mail and calendar from Apple Mail and iCal normally.