Q: Unable to contact an LPD service on the Pharos Print Server
(LPD is probably not installed or running).
Typically due to firewall settings, or because Windows has it off by default:
- Select Start > Control Panel > Programs (make sure category mode is selected in control panel on the top right corner).
- In the Programs Panel, select Turn Windows features on or off
- In the Windows Features window, click the plus (+) sign next to Print and Document Services.
- Place a check mark next to the LPD Print Service item.
- Click OK.
- Restart your Windows 7 or 10 Computer.
Update Sept 2019 : The Antivirus program BITDEFENDER will need to be removed as it blocks communication to PORT 515 : LPD listens on TCP port 515