Q: Can I sync my Google Calendar with Apple Cal my iPhone or iPad?
- Apple iCal
- Google Calendar
- Calendar sync
- iPhone calendar sync (indirect)
Google Calendar allows you to subscribe to one or more calendars via standard web links that are understood by Apple's iCal. Once a Google Calendar is synchronized with your desktop iCal application it can also be synchronized with your mobile device.
We recommend that you back up your data prior to setting this up using MITs recommended backup solution, Code42/Crashplan
For instructions to set this up, please see Can I see Google Calendar events on my Apple calendar on the Mac, an iPhone, or an iPad
You can sync Google Calendar with the Calendar app that comes on your Mac.
- In the top left corner of your screen, click Calendar and then Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- On the left side of the Accounts tab, click Add Add.
- Select Google and then Continue.
- To add your Google account information, follow the steps on the screen.
- On the Accounts tab, use "Refresh Calendars" to choose how often you want Apple Calendar and Google Calendar to sync.
You can sync Google Calendar with the Calendar app that comes on your iPhone or iPad.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open your Settings.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Add account Google.
- Enter your email address Next.
- Enter your password. If you don't have the latest operating system and you use 2-Step Verification, enter an app password instead of your regular password.
- Tap Next.
- Emails, contacts, and calendar events will now sync directly with your Google Account. To sync only your calendar, turn off the other services.
- Open the Calendar app on your iPhone to see your Google Calendar events.
To sync with an existing account, tap the account and turn on Calendars.
Jan 13, 2009
You may want to link to the new Google Calendar article/application:
Also will work with Mozilla Sunbird: