- Sign-in to dropbox.com.
- Check All Files in the left sidebar.
- Click the name of the video file, and its preview page will open.
- Click on the preview to play it.
Note: If you’re on the Dropbox mobile app, single-tap the file and its preview page will open.
- If the owner of the file is an MIT Dropbox user (or Dropbox for Business user), you can stream the first 4 hours on https://www.dropbox.com or in the Dropbox Mobile App.
- In order to avoid downloading the file to your local machine, it must be viewed on https://www.dropbox.com as a preview or on the mobile app.
- All mobile apps and web should be able to stream it, assuming it is one of Dropbox's supported format for streaming.
- If it is viewed on the desktop, then it can be re-smart sync'd back to online-only once you're done watching it.