On this page:
- How do I add an email address or domain to my "bad senders" or "good senders" list?
- black list or white list
- MIT IS&T uses a spam filter to protect MIT email: http://ist.mit.edu/spam
- It can take up to an hour for your block/allow lists to sync with the server. In the interim you may still see messages from blocked senders delivered to your inbox or messages from allowed senders delivered to your Junk folder.
- Spam Filtering does not allow you to block senders inside your organization (with an @mit.edu address). A workaround for this is to use Filters. If you believe that senders with @mit.edu email addresses have been caught by the spam filter, please send email to the IS&T Service Desk with full details concerning the message in question so that the it can be investigated further. Many times, the mail appears to have been sent from a @mit.edu address, but was actually sent using another sending service (such as Mailchimp, Mailjet, etc.)
- Visit https://outlook.office.com and login.
- Open Settings (gear icon in the upper-right).
- Select Mail > Junk Email
- From this screen you can add and remove users from your blocked and safe senders lists.
As of this time, no other email clients allow you to manage your Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists. While you can move messages to/from the Junk folder and review the Junk folder, none of these actions will affect your Safe Senders and Blocked Senders lists.