How do I restore files backed up with Crashplan (Formerly Code42) via the web?
|CrashPlan and Code42 are the same application/service. Crashplan was renamed Code42 after it was sold, then renamed again back to CrashPlan after it was sold again. Which name you see in the product, filenames, or paths depends on what version you are using. For the purposes of this documentation, the names are used interchangeably and refer to the same product.
The new vendor website for Crashplan is: https://www.crashplan.com/
Considerations from Code42: "The amount of data that can be restored over the web through the administration console is limited. If your restore selection exceeds the total allowed, we recommend restoring from the Code42 app instead, if possible."
- Go to https://www.crashplan.com/login and login with your MIT email address and Kerberos password.
- Scroll down to the Devices and click on the name of the one from which you want to restore files.
- Click the restore icon near the top-right.
- (Optional) Select a calendar date to restore files as of a date other than the most recent date.
- (Optional) Select Display deleted files? to restore previously-deleted files.
- Select the files or folders you want to restore from the file tree.
- Click Restore.
- From the lower left of the window, select the link Click here to download to download the zip file containing your restored files.
- If you're using a public computer, be sure to Sign Out before leaving.