The page revision option is useful when you are editing and want to preserve a copy of the current state of a page. It may be useful in situations where you have multiple editors.
- To save a current version of a page to be able to revert to it:
- Open the page.
- Click Revision Information.
- Click Create new version.
- Add an optional note.
- A snapshot of the current page will be made and the page will now have a revisions tab on top of the body area when displayed. You might make a note in the log field that this is the original. You must click Create new version each time you wish to take a snapshot of the current file.
- A Revisions tab is added to your page. Click the Revisions tab to see and manage your revisions list.
- Click revert to go back to that revision. Click delete to remove revisions no longer needed. Revisions are stored until deleted.