|If you need a laptop or other peripherals, see the Computing Equipment Loan Programs Landing Page|
Because the ability to collaborate on p-sets and projects is so essential to the MIT experience, IS&T will loan an Apple iPad bundle to any undergraduate student or graduate student working as a TA for an undergraduate class who does not already have one, or who wishes to upgrade relative to what they own, at no additional cost.
These will be available to all enrolled students, on or off-campus. Many faculty members will expect students to have these tools in hand for class collaboration, so we encourage everyone eligible to enroll in this program.
The loan is for one semester, and participants in the program must return the loaned equipment within four weeks of the conclusion of the term. For additional information, see the Terms and Conditions.
- Apple Pencil enables natural note-taking.
- Full access to the iPadOS App Store.
- Undergraduates and graduate students working as TAs for undergraduate classes are eligible to request an iPad bundle (an iPad and an Apple Pencil). A cost object is not required.
- Faculty are eligible for an iPad bundle via a separate form that is available here.
To request a loaner iPad bundle, visit Computing Equipment Loan Program.
In addition to using apps provided by MIT, you can use your personal AppleID to log in and download apps from the App Store. For information on MIT-specific settings and features, see Student iPad Loaner Remote Management.
Use of unauthorized applications on these iPads with the intent to alter the software or firmware (i.e. “jailbreaking”) is prohibited.
You can connect to MIT's Prisma VPN with the GlobalProtect client, available in Self Service or the App Store.
- For more information, see Install and Connect to the Prisma Access VPN on iOS.
- Student iPad Loaner Enrollment Process
- Apple's Pairing your Apple Pencil with your iPad
- LinkedIn Learning offers a variety of instructional videos on navigating and using iPadOS. See LinkedIn Learning Videos
- Should I save the packing material my iPad bundle arrives in? Yes, it will be used to return the equipment at the end of the spring semester.
- What if the iPad is lost or stolen? Contact the IS&T Service Desk immediately at email@example.com or 617-253-1101. IS&T will remotely lock down the iPad to protect sensitive data.
- Create an Apple ID
- Installing applications
- Troubleshooting various iPad issues
- Repairing your iPad
- For more, see: Computing Equipment Loan Program FAQ
The IS&T Service Desk can help you with advice and assistance in:
- Installing and troubleshooting apps for MIT classes or work.
- Lost, damaged or stolen equipment.
You can contact the Service Desk at:
|Due to the evolving Covid-19 situation, IS&T Service Desk walk-in IT help and repair services will not be offered in the Atlas Service Center until further notice. If you have questions or need assistance, contact the IS&T Service Desk at any time 24/7 at 617-253-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: