|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the new version of Sophos. You can see documentation for legacy Sophos here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
- Download the Sophos Central setup exe file from the MIT Software Grid. Verify that your computer's operating system meets the requirements for this product.
- Once downloaded, double-click the exe file to start the installation.
- The installer will prompt for UAC approval. Click Yes to continue.
- You will need to wait several minutes for the installer to grab the setup files from the cloud and then install them.
- Typically, within 5-10 minutes, you will see a Sophos Central icon appear in the taskbar notification area at the bottom right of your screen.
- You can double-click the Sophos Central icon to launch the GUI for the application. You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation. Please do so now.
- Congrats. Sophos Central is now installed.