After I create my Kerberos account, how soon will I be able to access Atlas, the MIT Learning Center and other services?
- Your Kerberos account is active as soon as you complete the registration process, but many MIT services and resources will not recognize you right away.
- Some services, such as ability to obtain an MIT certificate and access to email, will be available within a few minutes to a few hours.
- Other services, such as access to Atlas trainings in the MIT Learning Center and Stellar, require that your information be updated in multiple systems, and can take up to 24 hours.
- Staff trying to access the MIT Learning Center before their official start date will see an error message "Your training record was not initialized".
- Email access will be available immediately.
- Other Atlas services, new hire forms, and benefits portals will be available 24 to 48 hours from the Kerberos account creation date.
The process which assigns Atlas self-service functions runs 4 times a day, and will usually run by 11am. Try again after 12 noon of the day after the Kerberos acct became active in case it makes it into an earlier update. (i.e., if the Kerberos account is created on Monday, it's worth trying on Tuesday afternoon, but it may not work until Wednesday afternoon when the information syncs with the data warehouse.)
See also: [How can I find out when a Kerberos account became active?]
The Payroll Office can make a manual change to the user's SAP record to allow early access. See: [Escalation - Access to the MIT Learning Center Prior to Position Start Date]