How do I find the MAC address on my XBOX 360?
- How do I find the MAC address on my XBOX 360?
Microsoft XBOX 360 (i.e. not the classic XBOX). There are two sub-contexts:
- the 360 has been updated with the "New Xbox Experience" (NXE) dashboard. This is easily identifiable by the presence of avatars,the "Video Marketplace" with Netflix, and all-together different interface then previously
- the 360 has not been updated to the NXE and still runs the old 360 dashboard
On the old dashboard (pre-NXE)
- Go right to reach the System "blade" of the Dashboard
- Select Network Settings
- Select Edit Settings
- Under Basic Settings check to make sure IP Settings is on Automatic
- Go right to get to the Additional Settings Tab
- Go down to select Advanced Settings
- Toward the bottom of the screen you should see Wired MAC Address. The MAC Address should appear below this.
On the new dashboard NXE
- Scroll Down (if necessary) to "My Xbox"
- Go all the way to the right and select System Settings
- On the new screen, select Network Settings
- Select Configure Network
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure IP Settings is on Automatic
- Go right to select the Additional Settings Tab
- Go down and select the second item Advanced Settings
- Toward the bottom of the screen you should see Wired MAC Address. The MAC Address is the number below this.