Client wants to open PDF files in Acrobat within Firefox instead of in Preview.
When she clicks on a PDF file, the only option to open with is Preview. Client has latest versions of both, and installed Acrobat after Firefox.
- Open a PDF in Firefox. At the Open with dialogue, click on the Automatically open with this setting... checkbox.
- Close Preview.
- From the menu bar of Firefox, click Firefox > Preferences and go to the Applications tab..
- In the window that appears, select the pdf extension and click on the action
- In the drop down that appears, select Acrobat.
- Exit out of the preferences. Now, whenever a PDF is clicked, it will automatically open in Adobe instead of Preview.