Q: Will names of access control groups in wikis.mit.edu update automatically if the Moira group name is changed ?
- Will names of access control groups in wikis.mit.edu update automatically if the Moira group name is changed?
- Do Moira group name changes propagate to wikis.mit.edu?
- How does wikis.mit.edu integrate with Moira groups?
- Confluence wiki spaces on wikis.mit.edu
- Access permissions and groups on wikis.mit.edu
Here's how Moira and Confluence groups integration on wikis.mit.edu works:
- An individual's groups are passed in to Confluence on wikis.mit.edu on login, via the "memberOf" Shibboleth attribute
- Then, in a loop for each group:
- If the group is not already present in wikis.mit.edu it is created
- If the user is not already a member of the group in wikis.mit.edu they are added to it
- If a user is a member of a wiki group that is not present in the user's "memberOf" attribute, they are removed from that group on wikis (this operation is limited to three groups per login for performance reasons)
If a group is renamed in Moira, this name change is not automatically carried forward to wikis. Groups are passed by their name. So if you have a wiki space on which group "A" has permissions, and group "A" is renamed to "B" in Moira, the wiki space permissions will still show access for group "A". A space administrator needs to go in and grant group "B" permissions on the space.