There are three options:
You need to have administrative rights for your machine.
Download ALM Explorer (Enables HP ALM client users to run HP ALM outside of a browser interface):
- Go to https://testcenter.mit.edu:8443/qcbin/, then click the link Add-Ins Page.
- Click on More HP ALM Add-Ins.
- Select Add-Ins.
- Click on Utility Add-Ins.
- From the list, select HP ALM Explorer.
- From the page, click HP ALM Explorer Add-In for ALM 11.00 to download it.
- Click Run.
- Click Next on the window that appears,
- Enter the folder destination or keep default location and press Next,
- Click Install,
- Click Finish,
- To access ALM Explorer, you can now go to Start > HP ALM Explorer 11 > HP-ALM-Explorer 11,
- Enter the URL in address bar, https://testcenter.mit.edu:8443/qcbin/ and click on Go.
- Enter your User name and Password, leave Domain empty, and click OK.
Result: You are ready to use ALM as you would have used it through a web browser.
Download IE Add-on for FIREFOX:
- Open Firefox and go to Tools > Add-ons.
- Click on Get Add-ons.
- Search for IE.
- Select IE Tab V2 from the list of add-ons.
- Click Install.
- Restart Firefox after the installation is complete.
- You should see the "Add-on Toolbar" at the bottom of the page, as shown in the screenshot below. The icon on the far right tells you which browser mode is active at the time.
If you don’t see it, go to View > Toolbars and select "Add-ons Toolbar", as shown below.
- In order to emulate Internet Explorer (IE) when trying to launch ALM, click on the far right corner of the Add-ons toolbar and switch the browser mode to IE. Your add-on toolbar will look like the picture below.
Result: Now you should be able to use ALM with Firefox.
Download IE Extension for Chrome:
- Open Chrome.
- From the top right corner of the page, go to Tools > Extensions.
- Click on Browse the gallery to search for IE extension.
- Search for IE and select the IE Tab from the list and add it.
- You should see the icon for IE on the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on this icon to run Chrome in IE mode.