On this page:
This Mastercam installation procedure is only authorized for faculty/staff/student users at MIT.
- You will not need to register with Mastercam or download anything from their web site.
- Running Mastercam this way requires that you maintain network connectivity, and requires use of the MIT VPN if you are off the MIT campus.
- Mastercam 2019 and 2020 will ONLY run on Win 64bit operating system
- Download the appropriate Mastercam installation from the Software Grid.
- Double-click on the downloaded .exe file to run the installer.
- At the end of the installation, deselect the run Mastercam option and exit the installer.
- Windows 10 - Select Start > CodeMeter > CodeMeter Control Center
- Windows 7/8 - Select Start > All Programs > CodeMeter > CodeMeter Control Center
- In the Code Meter Control Center dialog box, select WebAdmin. Your default browser then displays the CodeMeter WebAdmin website.
- Select Configuration.
- Select Add new server.
- Enter mastercam.mit.edu and then click Add.
- Select Add New Server.
- Enter w92-mastercam.mit.edu and then click Add.
- Click Apply, and close the Code Meter WebAdmin website.
Mastercam should now launch. This initial launch will create the file structure where the Course Specific Files will be distributed. Students enrolled in 2.008 can now follow the instructions posted on the 2.008 course website to load the Course Specific files shared with you through Dropbox by the lab instructor.