On this page:
IS&T supports the following two printing scenarios for the virtual machine:
- Pass-through Printing: The virtual machine uses the printer information from the host machine. When you print a document on the virtual machine, the Print dialog box will automatically select the default printer set up on your host machine.
- Network-based Printing: From within the VM (but not printing to a local USB printer from within the VM).
You can set up customized printing for the virtual machine, but IS&T does not support this.
- Confirm on the host machine that printing to your default printer works.
- Check that VMware Tools is installed in your virtual machine.
- Check that you are running the latest version of VMware Workstation/Fusion installed on host machine.
- Confirm that the network is working from within the virtual machine
- Follow standard steps for troubleshooting network printing issues.
Note: If you are having a printing issue on your host machine, you will have the same issue on your virtual machine.