IT Technicians can request the following commands to their PCs if they are using endpoint management tools like MECM. If you are not an IT technician please consult your DLC support for guidance.
- Remote alarm - will ring a loud alarm for 30 seconds, should only be used if used can't find device.
- Remote message - can be used when device is lost to include a message on return such as:
- This device is owned by MIT and has been reported lost. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to return it.
- Remote lock - the device will be locked with a password that we will provide.
- Remote wipe - the device will instantly be reset and the agent will no longer be installed.
- Last known location lookup - Devices are not automatically location tracked, only upon request. This data is deleted after 30 days.
If you wish to send a command to your device please email email@example.com with the hostname, serial number, and request.