On this page:
- Locate the receipt in your Open Tasks.
- Click on the receipt that you wish to open and review.
- Click the Edit button to open the receipt.
Menu Options run along the top of the window. Options include:
- < Back Home returns you to the Open Tasks view
- Report View creates a PDF of the receipt in its present state.
- Audit opens a pop-up with processing detail for the receipt.
- Workflow History displays a chronological list of the receipt’s current status and previous status changes.
- Information on Unallowable Charges displays a pop-up that lists expenses that, per MIT policy, should not be purchased on a procard.
Attached Receipt is the image of the purchase receipt. If there are multiple images, you will see this beneath the image of the first, and you can use the navigation controls to view the others.
Expense Type, Cost Object, and Amount may be blank if the cardholder did not make these entries. If this is the case, you as their reviewer will be responsible for providing these entries.
SAP Transaction is where you can link the receipt to the procard’s SAP transaction.
Summary Information displays Total Amount, Status of the receipt, Created By name, and Created On date.
- Verify the details if the cardholder entered them.
- Are the receipts of sufficient detail? Are the correct receipts attached?
- Are the expense type and cost objects correct.
- If they selected a Food related expense type, did they provide the names of the attendees?
- If they split the expense, were the splits correctly define?
- Is the business justification of sufficient clarity and detail?
- Is the expense for an allowable purchase?
- Provide Details if the cardholder provided none.
- Link the Receipt to an SAP Transactions.
- Complete your review in a timely manner to insure the charge is not swept.
The actions that you can take are listed on the screen below the Summary Information. They are:
- Pass Review – click this to indicate that you have completed your review of the receipt and are now forwarding it to your verifier who will be responsible for approving the receipt. The passed receipt will be listed in your In-Process view.
- Return – click this when the receipt has not passed your review. This returns the receipt to the cardholder. Use the Internal Comments field to provide a reason why the receipt is being returned. The cardholder will see the receipt in their Open Tasks tab. You will see the receipt in your In Process tab.
- Save as Draft – Click this when you have made updates to the receipt but are not yet ready to return it or to forward it on the verifier. The receipt will be listed in your Open Tasks.
- Reassign (For Reviewer1 only) allows you to transfer the receipt to another reviewer. When you select this option, a pop-up displays a list of authorized reviewers. Select the desired reviewer from this list. The assigned-to reviewer will see the receipt in their Open Tasks tab. You will see the receipt in your In Process tab.
- Change Verifier (for Reviewer 2 only) allows you to identify a different verifier for the receipt. When you select this option, a pop-up displays a list of authorized verifiers. Select the desired verifier from this list. Once you Pass Review on the receipt, the system will route the receipt to the new verifier’s Open Tasks tab. You will see the receipt in your In Process tab.
Return to PCard Receipt for Reviewers topics page.