Note: The answer assumes that you already have created a Touchstone Collaboration Account.
- Start at the main page of the site you want to log into.
- Find and click the link that will log you in.
- The link is often called "Log in" or "Login", but can have different names on different sites.
- You should go to a page that says "Please choose your account provider", with a menu of choices:
- "MIT Kerberos account (or MIT web certificate)"
- "Touchstone Collaboration Account"
- "InCommon Federation"
- Select the Touchstone Collaboration Account.
- There are three choices for remembering the selection. The safest choice is "Remember selection for this session."
- Press Continue.
- You should go to a page that says "please identify yourself to access MIT services"
- Enter the email address that you used when you created your Touchstone account.
- Enter the password for your Touchstone account (It may be different from your email password.)
- Click the Login button.
- If the login works, you will go back to the page you were trying to log in to.
Sometimes people don't see the page that says "Choose your account provider", and are taken directly to a page that asks for a certificate or a Kerberos username / password.
- If this happens, it usually means that the web browser memorized the wrong choice of account providers.
- You can fix this by going to a web page to reset the memorized account provider