|Change your Password|
Users who have not changed their password since June 2010 will need to change their password prior to using the MIT SECURE network. Changing your password ensures that the password is synchronized with the authentication servers for the MIT SECURE network.
You can change your password at the following web page: https://ca.mit.edu/ca/cpw
The Nook Tablet is equipped with Wi-Fi (wireless) network connectivity. Please use the following steps to connect to MIT's campus-wide MIT SECURE wireless network.
- On your Nook Tablet, go to the Home screen and select the Settings icon.
- Select Wireless.
- If "Wi-Fi" is turned off, select the switch to turn it from OFF to ON.
Result: Available wireless networks will be listed under "Wireless Networks".
Note: A padlock icon by a wireless network's icon indicates a password is needed to access that network.
- Under "Wireless networks", select MIT SECURE.
- Please enter your Kerberos username for "Login" and your Kerberos password for "Wireless password" and select Connect.
Result: After a moment, you should see the word "Connected to the Internet" under MIT SECURE on the list of available networks, indicating that you are now connected to the MIT SECURE network.
- To test your connection, go to the Home screen and select Web, and then enter the address http://web.mit.edu.
Result: The MIT home page should load.