On this page:
If you have activation problems, first check this page to see if there are any outages at Adobe. https://status.adobe.com/
Then use this page for Activation and deactivation troubleshooting tips remembering to sign in to the "Company or School" account.
Adobe Systems gives users access to a collection of software for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography, and cloud services. Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) is licensed for use by MIT faculty, students, and staff. Once you show as an active Faculty/Staff/Student it may take a day or two for all systems to sync up that setting before you will be able to login to Adobe with your MIT Federated ID.
MIT’s Adobe Creative Cloud license includes:
- Acrobat DC (does not include Adobe Sign Online e-sign integration)
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- XD (Experience Design)
- Cloud storage, and more
All MIT faculty, students, and staff will automatically be granted access to the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud based on their "Active" status in MIT's databases. When this happens, you will be able to login to the "Company or school account" with Single Sign On authentication. If you can NOT login and get asked to create a personal Adobe ID to Try or Buy, then your status is "NOT Active" and you can reach out to the Service Desk https://ist.mit.edu/help to troubleshoot your problem.
Note: If you already have an Adobe Creative Cloud account using your @mit.edu address (whether purchased yourself or provided by MIT), you will see two options when you log in to adobe.com:
- Personal account - This is your old account, using your email address and password. (DO NOT DELETE until you are sure you have migrated everything you need out of this account)
- Company or school account - This is your new, Touchstone-enabled MIT account.
If your old account was provided by MIT, use the Touchstone-enabled “company or school” account. If you paid for your old account, it will continue working as long as your subscription remains current.
|What email address do I sign in with?
Email address for signing into Adobe Creative Cloud will always be your exchange email account that ends with @mit.edu issued by IS&T. Users will not be able to use department specific email addresses to access this service. As such, email accounts like someone@___.mit.edu are not valid accounts for MIT Adobe Creative Cloud and will not give you access to this service.
The email address to log into the service should have the following format firstname.lastname@example.org where yourkerberos is your kerberos username.
Affiliates are not covered by MIT's limited Adobe Creative Cloud license. Only, a person with purchasing permissions in your department would be able to purchase Adobe VIP licenses through GovConnection on their behalf.
The Adobe VIP program is a 12 month subscription with an annual renewal each year.
You will receive a unique URL link to your Adobe VIP Admin Console once you are granted Adobe VIP access. Please keep it somewhere safe for your records as IS&T has no access to your portal.
|Please specify the type of license you wish to purchase.
Adobe VIP licenses can be purchased through GovConnection.
|What do I need to know prior to contacting Connection?
Please first check within your DLC to see if your department already participates and this program so you may provide your existing Adobe VIP Membership Number to Connection. If you don't already participate in that program, be sure to specify that.
- Go to the GovConnection portal.
- In the top right corner you will find the contact information for Darren Gullen, our GovConnection Account Manager.
- Contact Darren via phone or email for a quote for your Adobe VIP needs. (licenses can NOT be found in their B2P portal)
- How to print to PDF from any Computer, Smartphone or tablet.
- [How to edit these PDF's in MS Word 2016 and newer.]
- Adobe's Learn and Support
- Adobe's Get Started
- Adobe's Asset Migration Between Accounts
- Adobe's Migrate your student assets
- Adobe's Tutorials
- Adobe's User Guides
- Adobe's Creative Cloud for mobile NOTE: These mobile apps DO NOT apply against your activation limit.
- Adobe's Manual Asset Transfer
- Adobe's Discover Adobe Stock free photos, vectors and videos
- Adobe's Add and Share Adobe Stock assets
- Adobe's Adding font licenses to your account (limited to font library partners)
- Adobe Lightroom - Not Creative Cloud check out this page to migrate those assets or this Adobe page
- LinkedIn Learning (MIT licensed)
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Installation
- How and When to use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool
- Can I install my Adobe app on another computer?
- Creative Cloud signs you out or asks you to sign in repeatedly
- Adobe Asset Migration FAQ What can and can't migrate.
- Adobe Cleaner Tool Didn't Work?
- Adobe's Download and Install Troubleshooting Guide
- Adobe's Failed to Install/Failed to Update Errors
- How to Install older Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Troubleshooting
- Apps panel doesn't show installed Creative Cloud apps
- Fix Adobe CC You don't have access to manage Apps error
- Error when activating Adobe Acrobat DC (macOS)
- Use DocuSign (MIT license) for electronic signatures
- Sign PDF with DocuSign (MIT license)
- Configure Acrobat Reader to use DocuSign
- How to resolve connection errors
- Troubleshoot activation in Acrobat
- Install previous versions of Creative Cloud apps
- Resolve trial and license expired errors
- Purchased Creative Cloud apps appear as trial versions
|IMPORTANT: This can only work when you create a new Adobe ID! This Asset Migration will NOT work with existing Adobe accounts. See item #7 above int the "How to Use" section, for "Manual Asset Transfer"
- Students (works for Faculty or Staff too!) should go to this site to migrate any assets to a new Free Adobe ID
- Adobe Creative Cloud Learn & Support
- Acrobat tutorials
- Learn Adobe Acrobat- Acrobat Library
- Adobe Support Community
- Adobe Help Center
- Adobe Pantone options
- Contact the IS&T Service Desk.
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: