On this page:
Adobe Systems gives users access to a collection of software for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography, and cloud services. Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) is licensed for use by MIT faculty, students, and staff.
MIT’s Adobe Creative Cloud license includes:
- Acrobat DC
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- XD (Experience Design)
- Cloud storage, and more
All MIT faculty, students, and staff will automatically be granted access to the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud based on their "Active" status in MIT's databases. When this happens, you will receive an email from Adobe with a welcome message and instructions to follow.
Note: If you already have an Adobe Creative Cloud account using your @mit.edu address (whether purchased yourself or provided by MIT), you will see two options when you log in to adobe.com:
- Personal account - This is your old account, using your email address and password. (DO NOT DELETE until you are sure you have migrated everything you need out of this account)
- Company or school account - This is your new, Touchstone-enabled MIT account.
If your old account was provided by MIT, use the Touchstone-enabled “company or school” account. If you paid for your old account, it will continue working as long as your subscription remains current.
|What email address do I sign in with?|
Email address for signing into Adobe Creative Cloud will always be your exchange email account that ends with @mit.edu issued by IS&T. Users will not be able to use department specific email addresses to access this service. As such, email accounts like someone@___.mit.edu are not valid accounts for MIT Adobe Creative Cloud and will not give you access to this service.
The email address to log into the service should have the following format email@example.com where yourkerberos is your kerberos username.
Affiliates are not covered by MIT's limited Adobe Creative Cloud license. Only, a person with purchasing permissions in your department would be able to purchase Adobe VIP licenses through GovConnection on their behalf.
The Adobe VIP program is a 12 month subscription with an annual renewal each year.
Helpful document once you are granted Adobe VIP access: Logging into your Adobe VIP Admin Console
|Please specify the type of license you wish to purchase.
Adobe VIP licenses can be purchased through GovConnection.
- Go to the GovConnection portal through B2P.
- In the top right corner you will find the contact information for Darren Gullen, our GovConnection Account Manager.
- Contact Darren via phone or email for a quote for your Adobe VIP needs. (licenses can NOT be found in their B2P portal)
- Adobe's Learn and Support
- Adobe's Get Started
- Adobe's Asset Migration Between Accounts
- Adobe's Tutorials
- Adobe's User Guides
- Adobe's Creative Cloud for mobile NOTE: These mobile apps DO NOT apply against your activation limit.
- Adobe's Automated Asset Migration
- Adobe's Manual Asset Transfer
- Adobe's Add and Share Adobe Stock assets
- Adobe's Adding font licenses to your account (limited to font library partners)
- Adobe Lightroom - Not Creative Cloud check out this page to migrate those assets or this Adobe page
- LinkedIn Learning (MIT licensed)
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Installation
- How and When to use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool
- Can I install my Adobe app on another computer? NOTE: Limit is 2
- Adobe Asset Migration FAQ What can and can't migrate.
- Adobe Cleaner Tool Didn't Work?
- Adobe's Download and Install Troubleshooting Guide
- Adobe's Failed to Install/Failed to Update Errors
- How to Install older Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Troubleshooting
- Fix Adobe CC You don't have access to manage Apps error
- Error when activating Adobe Acrobat DC (macOS)
- Contact the IS&T Service Desk.
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: