Q: I added or removed a student/TA/instructor from the Membership Module to an archived Stellar site but the permission change did not take effect. Why?
There is an known issue with new membership after a course is archived in relation with Stellar where the membership updates are not coming back down to the course site without re-syncing the site or using legacy Stellar membership.
- Go to the Stellar course homepage in legacy Stellar.
- Add the user via Membership Module
- Go to website settings (you will have to manually adjust the URL in the link since website settings is hidden after a course is archived). So from the course homepage simply add the extension /change/customize.html to end of the site URL. See example link.
- To force a sync turn off the setting Use Membership Service.
- Next turn on the setting Use Membership Service.
- Each time membership is turned on or off a sync occurs with stellar.
If that still does not work proceed with manually adding the user via legacy membership.
- Go to website settings.
- Turn off the setting Use Membership Service.
- Navigate back to the course homepage and select control access to the site from the following yellow box.
- Make the necessary changes in legacy membership.
Use the Control access to this site link, not Membership to add the student/TA/instructor in legacy Stellar.
- Go back to the website settings and turn back on Membership Service.