- What is MIT Touchstone?
- What is the Touchstone authentication service?
- MIT products and services
- IS&T products and services
- Web authentication at MIT
MIT Touchstone is a web authentication service for the MIT community and beyond. MIT Touchstone provides a federated authentication approach using Shibboleth in conjunction with other components. The service enables MIT users to authenticate to enabled systems both on campus and off.
- MIT Touchstone provides a single portal for web authentication
- MIT Touchstone also provides a service for users to register non-MIT identities (i.e. get a password tied to your external email address to use to authenticate to some MIT services)
- MIT Touchstone makes available several ways for MIT users to authenticate:
- Personal web certificate
- Kerberos username and password
- Kerberos tickets for operating systems and browsers that support it
|The MIT Touchstone service page|
See the above MIT Touchstone service page for full information and detailed technical background on Touchstone.