Are you receiving this error after renewing or installing MIT certificates on your Mac?
- Open Finder and type in Keychain Access. Open the application.
- Select "Login" from the list to the left, and click on the lock icon (using either a right click or Command ? + Click) for each keychain profile you want to install Cert Aid on. The lock icon will assume a locked position.
- Run Cert Aid again and enter the password for each keychain profile.
- Restart your browser(s), and you should be able to sign in using your certificates.
See the article here for details.
In most cases, an error will occur when running CertAid. If CertAid does not ask for the keychain password, the error "Failed to install the personal certificate." may appear on the Install Your Certificates page of the app that looks it contains two traffic lights. If you see a red light next to MIT Personal Certificate, then you will need to lock your keychain access any try again. The error will have the outcome that appears in the image below. If both light icons are green, you should be able to test your certificate here in a browser other than firefox..
- Certificates Landing Page
- What to do if a browser or App is prompting for a password after updating my certificate?
If the troubleshooting steps above didn't solve your problem, send an email to the IS&T Service Desk or call us at 617 253-1101.
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: