|This article refers to Exchange Email and Calendaring. If you're looking for Office 365 Email and Calendaring, see: Office 365 - Email and Calendaring Landing Page.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Office 365?
- Open Outlook 2013. Typically, the program can be found by navigating to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013.
- When presented with the Welcome to Microsoft Outlook 2013 window, select Next.
- On the following screen, titled "Microsoft Outlook Setup", leave the top radio button (labeled Yes) marked and select Next.
- On the next screen, enter your name, email address and password.
IMPORTANT: You must enter your email address as email@example.com. The Exchange server will send email as firstname.lastname@example.org, however this step is necessary for the initial setup.
- The Exchange server will now automatically configure your account (Note: This could take several minutes).
- When done select Finish.
- Outlook 2013 will do some additional configuration and you will be brought to your email inbox.
Note that Outlook 2013 can take several minutes and/or hours (depending on your mailbox size) to synchronize all email, calendar and contact data locally.