- New GlobalProtect installation
- Issue is seen only on macOS, connectivity works fine on Windows operating systems
- GlobalProtect Agent stuck at the connecting stage on macOS with the following message (though on certain occasions the message does not appear):
- You may also encounter a message indicating "System Extension Blocked"
Starting in macOS High Sierra 10.13 Apple introduced a new feature that requires user approval before loading newly-installed third-party kernel extensions (KEXTs). Additionally, Technical Note TN2459 from Apple indicates, "this feature enforces that only kernel extensions approved by the user will be loaded on a system.
When a request is made to load a KEXT that the user has not yet approved, the load request is denied and macOS presents the alert with a System Extension Blocked message.
- Enable Palo Alto Networks as a trusted developer.
- Launch System Preferences.
- Open the Security & Privacy preferences and then select General.
- Click the lock icon on the bottom left of the window to make changes and modify preferences.
- When prompted, enter your Mac User Name and Password and then Unlock the preferences.
- Click "Allow" next to the message "System software from developer "Palo Alto Networks" was blocked from loading."