NOTICE – Temporary Gas Cylinder Summary Report Is Now Available
The original Gas Cylinder Summary Report in Tableau is offline pending updates to how Airgas provides daily data feeds to MIT. In the interim, a Temporary Gas Cylinder Summary Report is available. The data for this report is being manually refreshed weekly on Wednesdays.” https://tableau.mit.edu/#/views/GasCylinderReport/GasCylinderDashboard?:iid=1
The gas cylinder inventory is a tool to help with proper management of gas cylinders and cryogenic dewars purchased from AirGas at MIT. Some suggested ways to use this tool include:
- Identify old or unneeded cylinders.
- Check current inventory before ordering new cylinders.
- Determine who owns unused or abandoned cylinders.
- Identify discrepancies between the inventory report and physical inventory.*
- Tool for EHS Coordinators to understand a lab’s cylinder situation prior to level 2 inspections.
- Annual chemical reporting of gases and cryogenics.
*The inventory is based on a daily feed from Airgas. It used by Airgas to prepare the monthly invoice at the end of each month. If you return cylinders at the end of the month, allow 7-10 business days to ensure your account will not be billed for an additional month. Use airgas.mit.edu to report location changes if you find discrepancies in the report.
How to use the report
- Log into https://tableau.mit.edu/#/projects go through Duo
- Click on the EHS folder
- Click on the Gas Cylinder report
- Click on the Gas Cylinder Dashboard
- Delete the username, enter your own username and data warehouse password, not your email password.
- When you open the report, it will be blank. If you pick your PI/supervisor in the pull down menu, then leave the bldg. pull down menu on “all” to find the cylinders that may be in other labs. If you use the PI pull down menu, you also have to pick at least one bldg. for anything to show up. The PI/Supervisor name is based on the person, who is the PI for the Cost Object used to pay monthly fees. This is not necessarily the same as the PI of the space. Therefore, it is best to run the report on all the bldg.-room numbers of your lab and click all PIs.
- The PI/Supervisor name is based on the person, who is the PI for the Cost Object used to pay monthly fees. This is not necessarily the same as the PI of the space. Therefore, run the report on the location and all PIs.
- Delivery Location is where Airgas has recorded the cylinders are during the last audit. Use airgas.mit.edu to report location changes if you find discrepancies in the report.
- Purchase order numbers are only available for most orders after a certain date, so those predating that time as well as some after do not have a PO recorded.
- Account number is really the Cost Object.
- There is no log out button.
Send Jim Bagley firstname.lastname@example.org and John Jordan email@example.com an email with the inventory information attached to correct the following:
- If the cylinder was picked up more than 1 month ago (provide the request date), but it is still on the inventory
- If the cylinder was ordered on one cost object but was changed to a different cost object
- If you find an old cylinder that doesn’t belong to your lab or if a new cylinder was delivered to your lab by mistake. You can also use the inventory tool to search for the barcode to find out who it belongs to or just notify Jim and John.
- If the online report showed multiple Cost Objects with a__ followed by extra numbers, indicating the presence of multiple Airgas SAP account numbers and potentially extra invoices.
- If the lab lent a cylinder to another lab but you are still paying for it
Download the B2P quickcards (scroll down to bottom of https://ehs.mit.edu/chemical-safety-program/compressed-gas-cylinder-safety/) to verify the Airgas invoice information. Your administrative assistant can check invoices and can check the Detailed Transaction Report (DTR).
Export to Excel: Click anywhere in the body of the report. Then click on Download in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Select Crosstab which will export the data as a .csv file. Use Save As, name the file, change the file type to .xlsx (Excel), and choose the folder to save it in. Please note the data will be a download of the underlying information used to generate the report and will not be displayed in the same format you see on the screen.
Export to PDF: Click anywhere in the body of the report, then click on Download in the upper right-hand corner of the page, then select PDF. The PDF view will be in the same format you see on the screen.
The Gas Cylinder Summary Report requires that you have access to the Data Warehouse and permissions to view this report. To request data warehouse access, send your request to the Data Warehouse Team. Your DLC Coordinator will also have to provide the appropriate authorizations before you are able to view this report.
EHS representatives and other designated lab members, EHS Coordinators, and EHS Office can obtain access to this report. VPF will handle access for their staff and financial staff in the DLCs.
AC 4N300 ACETYLENE IND #4 CGA 300
AI B300 AIR BREATHING 300 CGA 346
AI D300 AIR DRY 300 CGA 590
AI USPE AIR USP E CGA 950
AI UZ300 AIR UZ 300 CGA 590
AI Z300 AIR ZERO 300 CGA 590
AR 160LT230 ARGON IND LIQ 160LT 230PSI
AR 230LT230 ARGON IND LIQ 230LT 230PSI
AR 300 ARGON INDUSTRIAL 300 CGA 580
AR HP300 ARGON HIGH PURITY 300 CGA 580
AR UHP230LT230 ARGON UHP 230LTR CGA 580
AR UHP300 ARGON UHP GR 5.0 SIZE 300
CD 50 CARBON DIOXIDE IND 200 CGA 320
CD ICEP DRY ICE PELLETS
CD R300 CARBON DIOXIDE RESEARCH 300 CGA 320
DT R2005000LT DEUTERIUM RESEARCH 200 CGA 350
HE 300 HELIUM INDUSTRIAL 300 CGA 580
HE HP300 HELIUM GR. 4.8 HP SIZE 300
HE UHP200 HELIUM UHP 200
HE UHP300 HELIUM UHP 300 CGA 580
HE UPC300 HELIUM UPC GRADE SZ 300
HY 300 HYDROGEN INDUSTRIAL 300 CGA 350
HY PP200 HYDROGEN PREPURIFIED 200 CGA 350
HY UHP300 HYDROGEN UHP GR 5 SIZE 300
HY UPC300 HYDROGEN UPC SIZE 300
HY UPC3HACT HYDROGEN UPC 300A CGA 350
NI 200 NITROGEN INDUSTRIAL 200 CGA 580
NI 230LT22 NITROGEN IND LIQ 230LT 22PSI
NI 230LT22MT NITROGEN IND LIQ 230LT 22PSI
NI 230LT230 NITROGEN IND LIQ 230LT 230PSI
NI 230LT350 NITROGEN IND LIQ 230LT 350PSI
NI 230LTDP NITROGEN IND LIQ 230LT 230PSI DUAL PRESS
NI 240LT22 NITROGEN IND LIQ 240LT 22PSI
NI 240LT22BV NITROGEN IND LIQ 240LT 22PSI
NI 300 NITROGEN INDUSTRIAL 300
NI DEWARREFILL NITROGEN DEWAR REFILL
NI HP300 NITROGEN HIGH PURITY 300 CGA 580
NI HY5300 INM 5 % HY/NI 300
NI UHP200 NITROGEN UHP 200 CGA 580
NI UHP230LT230 NITROGEN UHP LIQ 230LT 230PSI
NI UHP300 NITROGEN UHP GR 5.0 SIZE 300
NI Z300 NITROGEN ZERO 300 CGA 580
OX 200 OXYGEN INDUSTRIAL 200 CGA 540
OX 300 OXYGEN INDUSTRIAL 300 CGA 540
OX UHP300 OXYGEN UHP 300 CGA 540
OX USP200 OXYGEN USP MEDICAL PURE 200 CGA 540
OX USP230LT350 OXYGEN USP LIQ 230LT 350PSI
OX USPE OXYGEN USP MEDICAL PURE E CGA 870
X02NI91P30000D6 PS 8.3% OX/NI 300
X02NI95C3000092 CT 5 % HY/NI 300