On this page:
Controlling access to your devices is a key aspect of securing your moderate and high risk information. Require a PIN/password at startup to gain access to the device and user account. Enable a screen lock that requires a password to unlock after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Don't forget your mobile devices! You may have more data on them than you think if you use apps like dropbox for your files or receive emails on your phone with potentially risky information.
- For more information on how to classify and secure your data, see Information Protection @ MIT.
- How do I change a user password and require it to wake from sleep or the screen saver on Mac OS X?
- Mac OS X - Screen and Login Passwords
- How do I lock the screen or put a computer to sleep using Mac OS X?
- Apple's Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- iPhone Life's https://www.iphonelife.com/content/tip-day-how-change-your-iphones-auto-lock-time
- Contact the IS&T Computing Help Desk