On this page:
SolidWorks is a solid modeling CAD (computer-aided design) software that runs on Microsoft Windows. SolidWorks is available to MIT faculty, staff, and students for academic and research purposes at no cost. Also included are the SolidWorks add-ons:
- SolidWorks Premium
- Simulation Premium
- Flow Simulation
- Plastics Simulation
- Electrical Professional
- SolidWorks Composer
IS&T has worked with numerous stakeholders in the MIT Community on the details of this agreement and are offering it without charge as part of our ongoing effort to eliminate chargebacks and to enhance our services for the MIT community.
To download SolidWorks, visit the IS&T SolidWorks page.
- SolidWorks 2018 SP0.1 (Faculty/Staff): IS&T page for SolidWorks 2018 SP0.1
- SolidWorks 2018 SP2 (Students): IS&T page for SolidWorks 2018 SP2
- SolidWorks 2019-2020 SEK (Student Engineering Kit): IS&T page for SolidWorks 2019-2020 SEK
- SolidWorks 2019 SP0 (Faculty/Staff): IS&T page for SolidWorks 2019
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 for Faculty and Staff - Installation Instructions
- SOLIDWORKS 2019 and later, for Faculty and Staff - Installation Instructions
- How do I install student SOLIDWORKS?
- How do I access the SolidWorks Customer Portal
- How do I remove watermarks from SolidWorks files?
- How do I use MIT's SolidWorks License while traveling or off the network?
- SolidWorks Error opening a file
- Solidworks installation for Students- How to update the license key
- Solidworks Missing functionality
- Solidworks on VMware slash Mac
- Solidworks Support Options
- What can I do when SolidWorks tells me the Student Edition has expired?
- Why does SOLIDWORKS 2018 crash when I draw a line, or create an object?
- Why is the SolidWorks Installation Manager blank when I run setup.exe?
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: