Q: The Touchstone Identity Provider encountered the following error while processing your request - Authentication failure, session missing during completion of profile handler.
- This Touchstone error prevents access to Touchstone-authenticated sites.
- Certificate-only sites such as https://web.mit.edu will still work.
- Certificate-only authentication will generally work, but Touchstone authentication using certificates (or username/password) will break.
- This error shows up with the IP address of the client changes midway through Touchstone authentication.
- This can be caused by using a proxy server
- If the proxy server cannot be avoided or disabled, using the MIT VPN may help