How do I connect to eduroam on an Android device?
For other systems go to: Eduroam Landing Page
(The following screens were taken from an Android Galaxy S10 Android version 9 . Kernal 4.14.78-16886901 . Screens may vary over time or make model. Last update 11.14.19 )
From the Android device Home screen go to Settings and select Connections.
2. In the Connections option, choose Wi-Fi Networks
3. Choose the eduroam option from the available networks presented:
4. Users will be presented the following and prompted to enter their login information.
- In the Identity field, enter the full email address of your school. MIT users should enter their Kerberos username with "@mit.edu" at the end:
- Leave the Anonymous Identity field empty.
- Opt to not validate the CA Certficate
- Enter your institutional password in the Password field.
- If asked for a domain, not all Android devices do, enter: mit.edu
Reminder : Users do not need configure the use a CA Certificate.
*Your school username and school password will be sent to your school for verification. If they work, your wifi will connect.