Top Ten Licensed Software Packages for Students
In addition to IT and Cloud Services, MIT licenses a wide selection of academic, operating system and productivity software for student use. Always check the Software Grid and Athena Software before purchasing software. You may be able to get or access it as part of your MIT student benefits.
Below are some of our most popular MIT licensed software packages to get you started. You can always find more, including Academic software/courseware, at the Software Grid.
1. Mobile App: Shuttle tracking, maps and more! Android and iOS
2. Certificates made easy!
3. Crashplan (Formerly Code42) Backup Software
4. Anti-virus security software.
5. Operating Systems: Keep your OS up to date. Mac OS X Windows Red Hat
6. Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and more. Office (desktop), Office 365 ProPlus for Education (mobile)
7. Our most popular academic software for mathematical modeling, machine learning, signal processing, image processing, computer vision, communications, computational finance, control design, robotics, and much more.
8. Pharos Printing desktop client: Print to our print-and-release Pharos printing system from your laptop or desktop.
9. Virtualization software: Fusion (Mac OS) and Workstation (Windows and Linux)
10. Open, view, search, digitally sign, verify, and print PDF files. Adobe Creative Cloud Student Discount Pricing is available directly from Adobe.