Thunderbird 2.0 - Import Email from Apple Mail
- If importing from Apple Mail 2.x (10.4.x), convert email to mbox files first. Download the mbox converter and then drag and drop the emlx files for conversion.
- In Thunderbird, create a local folder with the same name as the mailbox you're importing.
- Quit Thunderbird.
- Find the mbox file you're trying to import, either from the conversion in Step 1 or in the folder *Home > Library > Mail > Mailboxes > mailbox-name.mbox in 10.3
- Copy the mbox file to the desktop. Make sure it has the same name as the local folder created in Thunderbird in Step 2.
- Browse to Home > Library > Thunderbird > Profiles > your profile > Mail > Local Folders.
- Copy the mbox file (no extension) into this folder and overwrite the existing file.
- Launch Thunderbird.
Result: The folder should now contain the messages from Apple Mail.