SolidWork's License Keys for Students have both limited installs and an annual expiration date to protect MIT's license and MUST obtain a new key each year.
A current key for SolidWorks 2018 and Solidworks 2019 - 2020 are available through a link on IS&T's SolidWorks page
To update the license you need to reset it in your installation by doing the following:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select SolidWorks and click on Change.
- In the GUI that opens, select Modify the individual installation.
- Enter the new key.
- Click through Next to the end.
- Click Modify now.
- Then relaunch SolidWorks.
On first launch, you will be asked to register again with the new license. Please do so as requested.