I am getting an error when trying to launch SAPgui. My Kerberos tickets are set to use a realm other than ATHENA.MIT.EDU as the default, such as CSAIL.MIT.EDU, MEDIA.MIT.EDU, ALUM.MIT.EDU. I have verified that I don't have any other applications that need the other realm Kerberos tickets as the default. How can I set ATHENA.MIT.EDU as the default realm for my Kerberos credentials?
These instructions are for Kerberos for Windows 3.2.2. Instructions for other Kerberos versions may vary to some degree.
- From the All Programs menu, launch the Network Identity Manager by following the path:
All Programs > Kerberos for Windows > MIT Kerberos Ticket Manager.
- Click Get Ticket and ensure that the principal is your username followed by @ATHENA.MIT.EDU.
- Enter your password and select OK to get new Kerberos tickets.
- Highlight the ATHENA.MIT.EDU credentials and click Make default.
- Close the Ticket Manager.
- Simplest Solution: Install Kerberos Extras for Macintosh
- See: Kerberos Extras for Mac OS X - Installation Instructions
For more detailed information, see Kerberos Preferences on Mac OS X, which describes various ways to configure Kerberos on the Mac.