Q: Matlab loads, but "freezes" after taking Java update in OS X
- After taking the Java update via the App store, Matlab will launch and open the last file, however it will not accept input. Can still be quit normally. This is a Java issue and reinstalling Matlab or a new user profile will not resolve.
- Affects MATLAB 2012b and earlier, with the Java for OS X 2013-004 update
- The original update gives build 1.6.0_51-b11-456-10M4508
- This can be verified by running the command below in terminal and comparing the build
- Apple's update has been fixed, however it is not being pushed via updates to clients already affected. It is now safe to update via the Appstore, Java for OS X 2013-004 is the package.
- If you are stuck on version 10M4508, you can manually update: