LastPass is a cloud-based password manager that allows users to store website credentials, notes, and other data in a secure and convenient manner. Data stored in LastPass can be accessed via the LastPass website, a browser plugin, or the various LastPass for Mobile applications.
The LastPass browser plugin provides security features that include:
- Automatic unique and secure password generation;
- Automatic password entry
- Automatic form filling (such as address data and credit card data, if desired)
- Passsword strength and age monitoring
- Duplicate password detection.
Many modern web browsers also offer the ability to store passwords and other form data. The key difference between LastPass and the built-in functionality of web browsers is: LastPass stores your data in the cloud in an encrypted format (AES 256-bit encryption with routinely-increased PBKDF2 iterations), and syncs between virtually all browsers and all mobile devices.
Note: Some of the links below will take you to external LastPass support pages.
- Who is eligible for MIT LastPass enterprise?
- How do I sign up for MIT's LastPass service?
- What should I do if I already have an MIT email address associated with my LastPass personal account?
- How do I change my email for my LastPass account?
- How do I complete Multifactor Authentication for LastPass?
- How do I link my personal and MIT Enterprise LastPass accounts?
- I have an old account, how do I start over?
- How do I migrate data between personal and enterprise accounts?
- How do I change my master password?
- I forgot my Master Password or it's not working, how do I recover access to my account?
- How do I delete and uninstall LastPass?
- How do I deactivate my LastPass enterprise account?
- How do I unlink my personal account from the MIT Enterprise server?
- What happens to my premium service level in my personal LastPass if I unlink from MIT LastPass Enterprise Service?
- What happens to my LastPass enterprise account when I leave MIT?
- How do I export my LastPass data?
- How do I download and install LastPass?
- The LastPass Icon does not appear in my browser, how do I enable it?
- How can I get LastPass to auto logout when I close my browser, or when I am idle?
- How do I download and install LastPass on my mobile device?
- How do I uninstall LastPass from my mobile device?
- What do I need to know about using LastPass at MIT?
- Is my data in LastPass secure?
- What can LastPass admins do with my account?
- Where is my data stored on my computer?
- How do I see if I have duplicate or weak passwords?
- How do I share folders?
- Are Sharing and Shared Folders secure? How does the encryption work?
- How can I share a personal folder with others?
- Can I share a LastPass folder with a Moira group?
- What are Secure Notes?
- How do I share a Secure Note in a Shared Folder?
- Is there a character limit on Secure Notes?
- I deleted a site / secure note / folder by accident - where can I find it?
- LastPass User Manual
- LastPass Online Help Center
- LastPass Quick Start Guide
- LastPass Support Forums
- LastPass Video Tutorials
Contact the IS&T Service Desk for support assistance.