Kerberos is included with Mac OS X 10.2 and higher. You must, however, still install MIT Kerberos Extras (Ticket viewer) for Mac OS X, which provide customizations for MIT applications requiring Kerberos authentication. Kerberos Extras must be installed under your Mac administrator account. These steps are for Acquiring Kerberos Tickets in Mac OS using the applications Kerberos extra's commonly referred to as Ticket viewer. Ticket viewer must be used on the campus VPN if you are off campus.
|If you are running macOS 11 (Big Sur), please see knowledge base article SAPgui unable to connect macOS 11 Big Sur|
- Download Kerberos Extras now.
Result: The file MIT-Kerberos-Extras.dmg is downloaded, which creates and opens the disk image MIT Kerberos Extras.
- From the contents of the disk image, double-click the installer icon labeled "MIT Kerberos Extras.mpkg".
- If you are using Mac OS X 10.10 and newer, you will get a security warning. Please see this KB to clear it:http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/x/YzFBCQ
- In the initial window, click Continue.
- Read or print the Read Me file for the latest information about Mac OS X Kerberos Extras, then click Continue.
- In the license agreement window, click Continue, then click Agree.
- Make sure the hard disk is selected as the installation destination, then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- When prompted, enter the administrator password for your Macintosh.
Result: The installation will proceed, and a window should appear confirming that the installation was successful. A shortcut for the Ticket View application will be added to the Dock. You can also find Ticket Viewer in your Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities folder.
Kerberos Extras installs the following two files in Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences: