Jamf Pro - Software Deployment
To deploy software and other macOS settings, you first need to upload the software or script to the JSS and then create a deployment policy for it. To get started, log in to the JSS and ensure you have select "Full JSS" from the dropdown at the top.
Visit the Jamf Pro Tips and Tricks page for more deployment information.
- JAMF deprecated the JDS in late 2017, removing the ability to upload packages via the JSS. To upload a package please email a dropbox link to your package (please zip PKG files to ensure integrity) to email@example.com. Please include a short description of what the package is.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to upload a new script or make changes to an existing script.
Deploy package or script
- Click on Computers at the top, then Policies. Click the + sign.
- Give it a name, such as "SoftwareName - VersionNumber Install"
- Assign a category.
- Assign a trigger, "recurring check-in" is recommended.
- If a package, select Packages on the left, then click Configure. Click "add" next to the appropriate software.
- If a script, select Scripts on the left, then click Configure. Click "add" next to the appropriate software.
- Select scope at the top. Either change the scope to "All Computers" or click "add" and add individual computers or a smart/static group.
- Click "save." The software or script will now install to all targeted machines the next time they check in to the JSS, within 30 minutes.
If you ave any questions, email email@example.com.