The EUC team maintains packages and policies to update select third-party software to the latest supported version. The EUC team can manage patching for your site.
The following third-party programs are available for automated patching in Jamf Pro:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Citrix Workspace
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Java 8
- Spirion (formerly known as Identity Finder)
- Two branches of updates are available: test and prod.
- Software versions are updated in the test set twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday.
- The EPM tests new versions for basic functionality (for example, logging in, sending email, and creating calendar events in Outlook).
- On the alternating Wednesdays (1st and 3rd of the month), all the successfully tested patches will be added to the production branch.
If you'd like to include some of your machines in the test branch of patches, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once per day, a policy will run to kick off patching. For each supported application, this policy will install the latest approved version if these three criteria are met:
- The application is installed.
- The installed version is older than the current EUC-approved version.
- The application is not currently running.
For example, if a user has Excel installed, but not Outlook, Excel will be patched and Outlook will remain uninstalled. If the user currently has Excel open, it will NOT be patched, but the policy will try again the next day.
Every time new patches are deployed to production, an email notification will be sent to the ep-updates group. To receive these notifications, join the ep-updates group at https://groups.mit.edu/webmoira/list/ep-updates.
If have any questions, please contact email@example.com.