On this page:
- Install the GlobalProtect app from the Apple Store.
Result: The GlobalProtect App is installed. Continue below to set it up and connect.
- Open your GlobalProtect app.
Result: The first time the app opens it will ask you about notifications. Select whichever you prefer.
Click on the thumbnails to open the full images.
- Enter the address: gpvpn.mit.edu
- Click Connect.
Result: You will be asked if you would like to add a VPN configuration to your device.
- Click Allow.
Result: You may be asked to enter your device PIN or to authenticate to it with another method (touch ID, face recognition).
Result: The VPN is configured and attempts to connect. You will be prompted to authenticate via Touchstone Authentication.
- Authenticate using Touchstone Authentication.
Result: You're connected to MIT GlobalProtect VPN service and may go about your computing activities normally.
- Open the GlobalProtect app.
- Click the shield to disconnect.
Result: You have been disconnected from the MIT GlobalProtect VPN service.